Different Varieties of Pouffes and Ottomans are Available at Nismaaya Decor
At Nismaaya Decor, our specialty lies in deeply understanding the requirements of modern homes and crafting furniture items that meet these requirements. We strongly believe in identifying what modern-age buyers want and may love to adorn their homes with, and that’s how we come up with incredible styles and varieties in the single category product. In our collection, you will find various types and styles of pouffes and ottomans, each offering unique characteristics suited for different purposes and aesthetics in a home. Let’s explore each of them and learn how it works wonders for your space
The Traditional Ottoman
A classic ottoman is just like the one designed in the 18th century with upholstered seats without arms and backrests. They feature delicate, ornate designs that were used in the Middle East, Turkey, and later on in Europe. And, we have traditionally styled pouffes designed in luxurious fabrics and embellishments. They were originally used in French salons and gatherings wherein these low cushioned seats were offered to guests. Keeping their rich history in mind, the workers at Nismaaya Decor build ottomans and pouffes for living rooms that look great in traditional-styled home interiors and bring out a stunning aesthetic appeal akin to a royal-like feel and opulence.
- Storage is undoubtedly one of the biggest concerns of urban homes as apartments are compact and people look for multifunctional units with excellent storage options. Well, we are bringing a humongous collection of storage pouffe and ottomans that not only provide comfort and add style to your room but also give you a hidden space to store your magazines, blankets, pillows, and kids’ toys scattered hither and yon.
- A large round pouffe serves as a centerpiece in the living room and instantly transforms the look of the interiors with its decorative presence. These are typically called cocktail ottomans and pouffes which make a perfect unit to provide extra seating and can also be used as ideal footrests. As they have a flat surface, people also use them to place drinks and snacks. Perhaps, that’s the reason why they are named cocktail ottomans and pouffes.
- Styled and designed to complement the minimalist decor and interiors, these contemporary ottomans look chic and feature geometric patterns and shapes. They always make a statement with their eccentric designers which are unusual yet fascinating.
- You must have seen button-tufted leather sofas with a luxurious touch. Well, tufted ottomans may not look like them, but the dash of creativity and sophistication in their designs truly make them appear like pieces of art.
- We specialize in nature-inspired designs and our rattan ottoman stool is a testimony to our love for organics. These ottomans are made using solid hardwood, such as oak, teak, mahogany, etc., and rattan stems which come from palm trees. These highly durable and aesthetically-pleasing furniture units look great in both decor styles- be it modern or contemporary. Their presence adds warmth and texture to a room, ensuring that it becomes more inviting for your guests.
With the availability of various designs in pouffes and ottomans, the buyers may get a little bewildered as to make a perfect choice. In that case, you can always connect with our in-house interior experts and furniture design counselors who can guide you throughout the buying process and make the best purchase decision.
Types of Fabrics Used in Making Pouffes and Ottomans for Modern Spaces
From a large round pouffe to a small one, we make these versatile units in a variety of fabrics to give each of them a unique texture and appearance. Also, with every fabric, the norms and techniques of maintenance differ from each other. Let’s explore some popular fabrics which are commonly used to craft a pouffe & ottoman.
As this material is durable, easy to clean, and adds oodles of sophistication and elegance to the ambiance, leather upholstery is liked by a majority of buyers.
This is amongst the most popular upholstery as it has countless options to choose from. You can pick cotton or even linen as they are breathable and comfortable to sit on. However, velvet and chenille can also be picked if you want to add a luxurious and appealing look to the interiors.
Resistant to stains and durable material, microfiber is an ideal choice for homes with small kids and even pets. You can easily clean this upholstery using a clean cloth slightly soaked in warm water and mild detergent.
Whenever you choose the fabric for your pouffe or ottoman, make sure that you think beyond style and beauty and take into consideration its maintenance as well. With distinctive characteristics and functional benefits, each fabric is unique and thus you better vouch for the one that strikes the right balance of style and practicality.
Key Considerations for Choosing Ottomans and Pouffes for Your Living Room
The availability of different fabrics, sizes, designs, and shapes in pouffes and ottomans makes it tough to make an informed purchase decision. That’s why we are jotting down a few important considerations which you must keep in mind before you bring home a pouffe for your living room.
Always Measure the Available Space
Be certain about the space where you will be arranging the pouffes and ottomans. Ensure that this specific area of your home has enough space to accommodate these pieces without looking overwhelming. By measuring the available space beforehand, you will be able to buy the right size.
Decide on the Functionality
Why do you wish to buy a pouffe for the living room? Is it for extending the seating capacity? Or add style and a decorating touch to the interiors? Or do you want to solve dual purposes- beauty and storage? Once the functionality is clear, you will be able to make the right purchase decision.
Never Avoid Style and Aesthetics
From choosing the design to color to shape and fabric, every aspect needs to be taken care of as these ottomans will now be a part of your home. Thus, buy the pieces that complement your interiors and existing decor style.
Check for Maintenance
As discussed earlier, if you have small kids and pets at home, then carefully choose the material that is comparatively easy to clean and maintain. Opt for stain-resistant and durable fabrics in ottomans as they will keep you miles away from the burden of maintaining the beauty of these units.
Pick a Piece that aligns with Your Budget
Using the price range filter at Nismaaya Decor, you can quickly check out the pieces that fall within your budget and meet your requirements without overspending.
Why Should You Buy Pouffe Ottoman Units from Nismaaya Decor?
Though Nismaaya Decor is known as India’s one of the leading online wooden furniture stores, we are still working towards improving our products and services so that our customers never have to leave us without adding anything magical to their shopping cart. From producing top-quality designer furniture items using hardwoods to offering incredible discounts and price deals, we never leave any stone unturned in delivering you the best shopping experience with us. To know why you must buy pouffes and ottomans from us, read further
- We use only premium-quality solid woods and imported oak wood which hardly any online furniture store in India uses. It ensures that our pouffes and ottomans are highly-durable and continues to comfort you for many generations to come.
- We use the finest quality upholstery fabrics which are not only stylish but are comfortable and easy to maintain as well.
- We have a curated collection of storage pouffe and ottoman that helps you store things neatly and make your home look organized.
- Our collection consists of versatile designs, colors, shapes, and sizes so that you can choose a piece that harmoniously blends with your home interiors and meets your special preferences in terms of storage and comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ottomans and Pouffes
Q. What's the difference between an ottoman and a pouffe?
Most of the designs in ottomans feature legs that give them a little height just like a low stool, but a pouffe is generally softer, pillowy, and remains flat on the ground.
Q. What kinds of shapes are available in ottomans?
From round, oval, square, and rectangular to oval, all these shapes can be customized at Nismaaya Decor to meet your requirements.
Q. What is the purpose of a pouffe?
It is generally used as a footrest and an extra seating in the living room. Some people also use it for decorative purposes as its presence adds style to the decor.
Q. What is the average size of an ottoman?
It varies depending on the design and shape of ottomans, but still, the average size is between 16 to 20 inches in height, 18 to 36 inches in width, and 18 to 36 inches depth.