Featuring intricate weaving patterns and natural texture, rattan furniture never fails to infuse a touch of warmth to home interiors. With he growing need of unique furniture designs with an assurance of sustainability to protect our environment, rattan/cane is indeed a material that wins hands down.
With the ever-evolving design trends, cane furniture brings a timeless allure and organic visual appeal to any space. So, if you wish to create an inviting ambience to experience a state of tranquility and relaxation every day, then read this blog.
It’s time to understand how a variety of furniture units created using rattan can improve the aesthetics of your space while helping you indulge in eco-consciousness through its impeccable craftsmanship and remarkable versatility. Let’s get cracking!
Ways to Incorporate Rattan Furniture into Different Rooms of Your Home
With its natural texture and warm tones, rattan exudes a sense of coziness and earthy appeal into any room of your living space. At Nismaaya Decor, you will find a plethora of products made from cane that you can buy to evoke a feeling of being connected to Mother Nature.
In Living Rooms: Vouch for rattan living room furniture to create a relaxing environment for your guests and friends. You can buy a rattan sofa set paired with jute rugs, textured cushions, coffee tables, and ottomans to create a bohemian oasis. The stunning combination of all the items will make your room look serene and calm. You must also inject the sheer beauty of nature using houseplants in the corners. With a pool of sofa sets available online, purchasing Nismaaya Mantas 3 Seater Rattan Sofa is a great decision especially if you have a spacious living room with the capacity to accommodate more people.
In Dining Areas:
To make your mealtime even more enjoyable and comfortable, buy rattan furniture for dining space which is gaining a lot of traction these days. Rattan table and chairs exude a casual and welcoming vibe, which makes your dining experience worth remembering. Make sure you choose furniture that compliments your needs and suits your requirements. For instance, opt for a Nismaaya Dericia 6 Seater Dining Table in case you have a large family and love to host friends for lunch and dinner parties. To enhance the overall decor look, don’t forget to use rattan pendant lights or woven light fixtures as these significant details will create a cohesive bohemian-inspired design.
In Bedrooms: If there is a room which alleviates all your stress and puts your mind at ease, then it’s your bedroom, isn’t it? Finding its way to inject calmness and peace to your sanctuary, rattan bedroom furniture is a great choice to make. A rattan bed frame paired with comfy soft linens, pillows, fiber rugs in earthy tones brings a touch of rustic elegance to your bedroom, ensuring restful sleep and a peaceful atmosphere. Create your own natural retreat using Nismaaya Faya Bed Rattan which has all the power to enhance your sleeping experience along with maintaining sustainability.
Outdoor Areas: It is no exaggeration to say that cane furniture looks great in outdoor areas, such as verandas, patios, garden spaces where you can plan an evening dinner date with a loved one under a starry night.
Such is the grace and charm of rattan furniture which can be used indoors and outdoors as well. It is their versatility to match with distinctive decor designs and styles, which makes it a perfect material to swear by.
Nismaaya Rattan Furniture: Craftsmanship and Production Process
Each furniture unit made using rattan is a testament to the skilled craftsmanship that goes into its creation. We have expert artisans who are proficient at traditional weaving techniques. They craft intricate patterns and designs that not only showcase remarkable artistry but also ensure durability and longevity.
In order to bring this eco-friendly designer furniture to every room of your home, we are proud to share about its production journey in detail.
- Found in tropical regions, rattan is a palm vine, and its stems are meticulously picked according to the required size and strength.
- Once harvested, the outer skin of the stems are removed and the inner core is used for furniture making. The next step is stripping which can be done manually or using advanced machines.
- The rattan core is soaked in water or heated to improve its flexibility and this process also helps in preventing mold and insects.
- Now, our skilled rattan furniture experts use tools to shape the material into desired forms. They use knives and machetes in order to cut and shape the rattan.
- Next, weaving is done to come up with captivating and intricate patterns. Our artisans use a variety of weaving techniques, such as cane weaving, wicker weaving, or rattan peel weaving.
- To connect different pieces, joinery takes place using adhesives, nails, and screws. This way, our craftsmen interlock the woven strands for structural integrity.
- From sanding the surfaces to smoothen them to applying varnish for protection and adding decorative elements like carvings, now the crafted furniture goes into the finishing process.
The traditional art of crafting rattan/cane furniture exhibits India’s rich culture and expertise in craftsmanship, resulting in unique and timeless pieces of furniture.
Maintenance and Care Tips: How to Keep the Beauty of Rattan Furniture Intact?
- Make sure you regularly clean or dust off the furniture’s surface and crevices using a soft cloth. Avoid rubbing the stains or spots using water as it may damage the rattan with the moisture.
- Arrange your furniture away from the exposure to direct sunlight. For more protection, you can use curtains or blinds. Prolonged exposure can cause rattan to fade or become brittle.
- Use washable cushions and covers to protect the furniture. Continue to keep a check on loose joints or any signs of wear and tear so that an immediate action can be taken to repair it.
Now that you are aware of everything required to buy and maintain rattan furniture, browse through Nismaaya Decor latest collection and find sustainable pieces that transform your home beautifully.